Friday 16 October 2009

Weight for it

With two weeks to go, I'm finally seeing a change in my weight. I've gone through all this training, pasta-eating and crazy cravings without losing much more than a couple of pounds. While my thighs have got more toned, some might say 'taut as a tiger', the rest of my physique has stayed resolutely 'floppy'.

But this week I've dropped another 3 pounds. This is great news for marathon running - after all, the lighter I am the better my power to whatever ratio or something like that. It's also great news for my new, improved waistline. But not so great for the New York shopping trips - what if I buy something that doesn't fit me two weeks after the race.

These are things that concern me at this stage - how shallow can one person be?

LON

No comments:

Post a Comment