Monday 5 October 2009

slowly slowly catchy monkey

if catchy monkey is a euphemism for 'enables you to walk without stiffness the day after an 18 mile run' - am now considering whether to trade running to a goal time in the marathon for the ability to walk the next day. I suppose I have 4 weeks to decide...

In the meantime, I've learnt that the following blister fixing techniques do not work:
- shouting at it
- pleading with it
- pressing on it really hard for ages - this just gives you numb fingers
- Compeed blister plasters (rubbish!)

I am now trying Savlon blister plasters, in the vain hope they might flatten it a bit. I did briefly consider going all 1950s on my blister's ass, by sterilising a sewing needle with boiling water and then lancing it, but realised that would officially turn me into my mother, so have resisted.

I've also noticed a small blister on my right heel too, which no doubt will grow exponentially over the next 38 miles

At this rate, I will need a bigger shoe size to run the marathon, just to fit my blisters.

LON

No comments:

Post a Comment