Sunday 18 October 2009

I am woman, hear me schedule

Another week, another long run - but it's my last one before the marathon, thankfully.

I'll admit that I'm glad to see the back of long runs, certainly long runs on my own. At least when I do the marathon I'll be running with someone else, and half of New York City making a noise around me. This will be vast improvement on running round the London Borough of Ealing, being lapped by women wearing lacy thongs (for running?!?) and being abused by teenage girls for wearing glasses. Kids today, no imagination.

I am worried about the psychological problem I've developed on long runs - toilet stops. I know it's all in the mind (well, ok maybe 85% in the mind) but I need to persuade myself that I do not need any more toilet visits once I've started running. My bladder is a great big coward, frightened of anything beyond 13.1 miles. It can't even get beyond 3 miles on the longer runs, but I'm never bothered over any other distance. Maybe I need some hypnosis before the big day!!

Although the week ahead doesn't have any long runs, it's going to be a masterpiece of scheduling to get three runs in during the working week ahead. I've got lots of travel on for work this week, which makes the days long and running complicated. Combined with my recent lack of motivation, this could be a tough challenge. Let's hope my juggling skills hold out.

LON

No comments:

Post a Comment