Tuesday 6 October 2009

Something tells me this is where it gets tricky

I had my first 'I don't want to run' moment this morning. Alarm went off and it was pitch black outside, which made me just want to roll back under the quilt. I'd been awake half the night, trying to decide whether to run before or after work - I realise this is not the best preparation for a run at any time of the day, but unfortunately this is what it's come to.

Anyway, I did put the run off, for the first time all year. Which means I have to run 7 miles worth of intervals later this evening, whatever the weather and level of darkness. Bah

I think this is only the start of the sleepless nights. I've had the nightmare about missing the start, asleepless night planning a training run and am now musing on whether to buy a cheap sleeping bag when I get to NY to use at the start (6am on a November morning seems to be a sleeping bag time of day).

While the stalling techniques are new, the blister is now quite old and getting very fat. I'm hoping this means it's going to burst quite soon but it could just as easily grow a second layer - it's a 50/50 chance. I keep thinking of Eddie Izzard recent marathon efforts and imagining how many blisters he had, just to keep things in perspective but I think it's fair to see the sterilised sewing needle looms large!!

LON

No comments:

Post a Comment