Friday 23 March 2012

Inspirational fridge magnets

After 3 weeks of training setbacks, ill health and random minor yet immobilising injuries, I was starting to get a bit down on the whole London Marathon thing. I've been unable to run anything at a pace for nearly 3 weeks and I'd moved from having a time goal (sub 4:15) to just wanting to get round.

But then my race magazine arrived! I have a number, I have a start zone (red - my favourite colour). I have a map of the course so I can plan where to wave to family and friends. I can ride the train to Greenwich for free. And best of all, I have another Timex race time fridge magnet to add to my collection!

The fridge magnet is applied to the fridge. Black, incomplete - a blank canvas waiting to be updated with my latest marathon time. It's next to my 2009 New York Marathon debut fridge magnet, which reads 4:34:34. What will the London one read on April 22?

Will it be a time at all or will all these interruptions to my training backfire? Or will it be another PB? Who knows? But a flexible fridge magnet has completely restarted my enthusiasm and boosted my confidence for London in a matter of seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment