Monday 10 January 2011

Nylon runs Berlin

I haven't posted for a while, ostensibly because this was intended as a marathon training blog and 2010 was a marathon free year. But 2011 brings a new marathon challenge - Berlin.

I'm told it's pancake-flat and PB potential, but I'm mainly excited about running round one of my favourite cities knowing that there will be a great beer (and possibly an even greater bratwurst) waiting at the end for me. The running environment is a real motivation for me - running in dull scenery is not nearly as stimulating as having something to look at. The thrill of finishing at the Brandenburg Gate awaits - and I'm very excited.

So I will be posting again for the rest of the training campaign, with the last weekend of September seeming a long way off for now.

In the meantime, I'm setting myself some training targets. I've got a lottery place in the Manhattan half marathon in March, so hope to be running NY again even if it is not the marathon itself. Stay tuned for progress reports, running musings and food craving updates

No comments:

Post a Comment