Friday 16 August 2013

New kit for a good cause

I probably don't need half as much kit as I own but can't seem to resist a sale bargain. Recently I have bought a couple of new pairs of Nike and Moving comfort shorts from the Sweatshop sale and a rather fabulously bright Asics vest top, a bargain at a tenner.

In a bit of forward planning, I ordered some leggings from the new A/W collection from Nike. Not really for running (no key pocket, no drawstring) but they are really very lovely so I am keeping them anyway - they'll be fine for intervals and other sessions where I don't need to carry a key with me. Look, I love them, ok - let me make as many excuses as I want!



An unexpected pay rise earlier this week coincided with a visit to the Sweatshop store on Rathbone Place, which still has a host of sale bargains in clothing. I ended up with a new long sleeve Nike top from the sale and another pair of new season Nike bottoms, this time a more functional pair of running capris with a fabulous navy camouflage-esque print. These are already my new favourite running trousers, and I haven't even worn them!


Unfortunately now I've got everything home, my drawer and a half of all my worldly lycra goods is getting a bit full. I need to have a bit of a clear out. Which is handy, because there is something happening this weekend that is the perfect home for my old running kit.

A Mile in Her Shoes is a brilliant new social enterprise set up by Nicola Miller @InHerShoesHQ, which aims to support homeless women get into running as a way of boosting their fitness and self-esteem. On Saturday 17 August in Ealing, there is a fabulous event to raise money for the project, showcasing local bands in a pub that serves an absolutely excellent range of beer, including my favourite Meantime London Pale Ale.
So if you live near Ealing, or can travel to it easily by Tube or train, why not get down to the event and support a good cause?

Nicola is also looking for unwanted but wearable running kit, including shoes, to distribute to the women benefitting from her project so at least I know where to put all those bits of lycra that I need to get rid of to fit in my lovely new trousers!


No comments:

Post a Comment