Tuesday 31 May 2011

One week down, 17 to go - and I feel blue

I've survived the first week of 5 days a week training, and have come out relatively unscathed. Admittedly, I had to lie on the sofa for two hours on Sunday after the long run, but I think my legs are thanking me for it.

Last week, it wasn't too bad to fit everything in but this week is looking fairly nervewracking in terms of scheduling. Overall, the post-redundancy-newly-freelance lifestyle should be conducive to fitting in 5 runs a week but because I have foolishly decided to head to Spain for a week on Thursday (to seemingly RUBBISH weather - sigh) it means I've got to fit 5 days work into 2 days as well as pack, run 3 times and just generally get my life together. I'm daunted already by the prospect of fitting everything in - I shouldn't even be writing this blog, let's face it, it's just another task to add to the list.

At this rate, my hot weather training camp is looking like a grey and stormy training camp, so I will be unable to rest my legs at the beach and instead will be trapped in the house, going out of my mind, and will end up just checking my work emails and not getting a break at all. As you can see, I'm feeling very bleak about the week in prospect.

Still, it could be worse. I could not be able to run. I woke up this morning with the toes of my right foot in spasm, unable to put any weight on my right foot. So I'm going out shortly for my first training run of the week, and hoping and praying that the old foot injury is not going to come back in just the second week of training.

On that note, I'm going to try and flip my misery, take a couple of extra books, price up a couple of nights in Valencia in case the weather gets really bad, and just crack on with the work. The sooner I finish it, the sooner I can run, pack and generally wish for nice weather on my holiday. The power of positive thinking!

LON

No comments:

Post a Comment